Wednesday, January 10, 2018

3 x 200, 100

Brief shake out work out today since the weather was so nice, 58º and partly sunny with a good wind blowing down the back stretch.
Hoka trainers on 
200m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 50m striders 
3 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 28.5, 30, 31 
100m on grass - 13.8 (beep start) 
stretches, drills
Just a touch of exhaustion on the 200s, could not have done a 4th.

Looking back at my 1/15 training week before my PR, nothing was particularly fast or abnormal - except for the highly irregular Thurs workout ... a high school team showed up to run 400m repeats, I ran the first 2 with them... one fast - 60.5, rested 90 sec, and eeked out another in 82.   That was unusual.  I remember my lungs burning after that.  I doubt I will do that tomorrow.

My feet felt ok today, wanted to do more but backed off.   I wonder about the left foot.  The pain doesn't seem in the typical plantar fasciitis place at the front of the heel, it's on the inside/bottom of the heel, leading me to believe it's a bone bruise or possibly a stress fracture.  I would think a stress fracture would hurt more, although it does hurt when I press on it hard.  I guess I should get an xray at some point.  

Weight still ok, 144.8 after workout.

Heat sheets up for Vanderbilt meet
I drew lane 6.  Lane assignments on this 300m track are really unimportant since they don't use lane 1.  The corners aren't too sharp and there are no banks, so lane selection isn't as critical as it would be on a 200m track.   I was really surprised at the level of this meet.  Slowest collegiate is around 54 flat and 30 of 35 entered are below 52.  Happy to see M70 Grady in my heat, one of 3 of us masters at the meet, he'll be shooting to run mid 60s.  My heat is ridiculously seeded.  There are a couple freshmen given NT (no seed time) because it is their first college meet, but one of them I looked up... he ran 49 in high school, the other ran 51.  The slowest collegiate is the son of world class masters sprinter Karnell, probably the fastest M50 guy in the world.  He should be racing in this meet.  He'd definitely beat his son and a host of others.  He's capable of 51-52.  I think he could easily challenge Kahlid for the M50 400m WR, but usually runs the 400H.   So my heat will be really spread out... no traffic.  The leaders will finish 40m+ ahead and Grady should be 50m+ behind.  The only negative thing about lane 6 is that I'll get passed by 3 guys before the break and I break from further outside, but I run the least amount of turn at the start.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment