Thursday, January 18, 2018

Schedule update

I'm scratching from the Samford open this weekend.  Haven't had a good workout week due to the weather and the feet took a beating last night being forced indoors.   Also, I want to race on the good track in Birmingham, but NOT in lane one for the 400m, so if I'm going to drive 3 hrs to go, I'll take my chances with a better draw next week at the KMS invitational.  This meet is run by a guy (Kevin) who clearly wants to make a buck, it is one of the most expensive entry fees for a non championship meet I've ever been to, $54!  ($50 + online fee)   Since they don't require money up front for Samford, I'll not lose anything by scratching.   But... if by some chance I get lane one again at KMS, I'll definitely still go.

That will be the only time I get to race in Birmingham this season.  Assuming I go, I could race 4 weekends in a row if I race at Sewanee on 2/17.  Assuming I do Berry on 3/3 outdoor,  that would be 5 meets in 6 weeks and Nationals 2 weeks after that.   6 meets in 8 weeks.  The only reason I'd do Sewanee because it's home and I'd have 2 weeks off before the next one.  So, Sewanee is still optional.

This schedule will allow me to do a night at the weightroom tonight, and if my foot feels ok, track sessions tomorrow, Sunday, Tues, Thurs, Fri... before the Sunday 1/28 meet.

I was surprised to see no masters turn out for the Emory Crossplex meet on Sunday.  Usually, I see Marcus, Don, Tecumsah, and the Atlanta gang show up.  I guess they're waiting for the N. Ga meet on 2/11.  

No comments:

Post a Comment