Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Brief speed

Nice day, upper 30ºs but bright sunshine and not much wind.  Felt much warmer, definitely t shirt weather.  Trade this any day for 10º warmer with clouds and wind or rain.  A work day, not much time so I got out there early, a little something is better than nothing.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 60m striders 
400m - 60 (29.5/30.5) / rest 1 min / 100m - 16 sec
Was disappointed that I didn't break 60 as I did 2 weeks ago in slightly worse conditions.  I wonder if it's possible at all to improve being limited to the low volume I'm doing now?  We'll see I guess.  Somehow I doubt it.

I should find out if I get stuck with lane one again by tomorrow in Sunday's meet.

Feet are going to be a bit sore after 2 consecutive days on the track, but not too bad after hot tub and massage.  Tomorrow is a day off.  144.8 lbs after workout.

Equipment troubles
BOTH my beloved Team USA Olympic wind/rain jackets now have broken zippers.  These tiny nylon zippers fail if one tiny fingernail-sized piece of plastic breaks at the end.  Both broke the same way.  The dark blue "London kit" jacket IS available on the USATF website to purchase and it isn't cheap ($108), but the "Rio kit" jacket is NOT available to the public.   I doubt it can be fixed, at least at reasonable expense.  I guess these jackets were never designed for long term daily use.  I'm going to miss using them. : (


No comments:

Post a Comment