Went to the lake with Roya late afternoon. Perfect weather, low 80ºs, sunny, water temperature 88º.
Swam across without stopping, about 100 strokes, 150 yds. Then leisurely swam along the opposite bank.
Did a water jog back, notice I said 'jog' instead of 'run'. This was just relaxed strides, not pushing hard like I do in the 60 stride intervals. It took a long while to 'jog' across the lake.
Lake swim
distance - 150 yd.
time - 2:40
Max HR - 158
Aqua jog
552 strides (R/L) - continuous
Avg HR ~ low 120s
Glad we went. Could have just stayed home and done nothing. Burned a few calories. Still doing daily pullups every morning. Today did 23 cheater pullups.
Really light. Yesterday at 140, today at 141 lbs.
Ate a big meal last night and still light. Basically what is in this photo + a second plate of salad. Pretty much what I eat every day.Music
Tomorrow is a huge performance for me at the MTSU Music Convocation as one of the 4 featured faculty performers. I'm happy to play because it will probably be the biggest crowd and the most exposure to students and colleagues where I work than any event this yr. I'm playing Koyunbaba, an incredibly evocative piece that is really unforgettable for anyone hearing it the first time. I call it 'the machine gun' because of it's rapid fire final movement which is one of those pieces that sounds impossibly difficult but in fact it's not. 'Big bang for the buck' type piece. It has a huge dynamic range, really the biggest you can possibly get from an acoustic guitar due to the drone tuning specific to this piece.
Ready to rock.
A lot of oxalate with that salad are you taking calcium at the same time to bind it?
ReplyDeleteNo, arugula is actually low in oxalate and high in nitrates. Because it has minimal oxalates, the calcium and iron in arugula are easier to absorb. All my salad greens are 50%+ arugula. I try to avoid spinach, but Roya made this salad.
DeleteSounds like a plan Butt you can enjoy an oxalate packed salad if you take a chewable calcium at the same time as it will bind the oxalate and you will pass it out in your feces.
Delete