Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Track workout DNF, rower and weights

After my student's recital in Sewanee, I headed to the track on a picture perfect evening, clear, 72º, calm winds.  I was just going to run a few quality sprints but had to bail.  The foot just hurt too much.  I didn't really take yesterday to recover as I did some home projects, on my feet a lot.  

I ran a 100m in a about 14.3, then pulled up after 70m into a 200m.   I hate the feeling of limping while running, not being able to run freely due to pain.  No point in it so I shut it down.  I will likely shut down my competitive season for the year, although I will keep some semblance of training.  No point in racing if I'm not in racing shape.  

So, I went to the gym this evening.  Did a brief set on the rower and some weights, including a few kettle bells, good mornings, dead lifts, some cleans, chest machine, adductor machine.

Concept 2 rower - 3 x 500m w/ 1 min rest - 2:01, 2:02, 2:03

It was better than nothing, I did push my max HR to 180 by the end of rep 3 on the rower.  

I'm going to try and do a track workout maybe Friday.  Not much more time before this track is getting torn up and replaced.  

Have continued to gain weight.  143.3 lbs after workout.  

I had thought about racing in the Nashville Masters meet in 11 days, but probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment