Saturday, April 20, 2024

test run













Ran a cautious 400m race in a college meet today, 61.00 - the annual Sewanee Mountain Laurel Invitational.  About what I expected.  Took it really easy on the first half into the wind and probably ran somewhere around 29/32 splits.  Also, my blocks slid back a few inches at the start, officials didn't call it back.  So, didn't really care that it was one of the slowest of my masters career, just happy to finish uninjured and good to go for Penn Relays.  (61.00 would still rank #3 in the world in M60 right now, but it's early).   I finished about 15m behind the back of the pack and ahead of one astonishingly slow kid (about 9 sec behind me).  Weird that it was exactly 61.00.  That's a first.  I ran faster even on that tiny 160m flat indoor track in Feb.   

I knew by my recent workouts that I wasn't in the shape I was in Feb - March.   This is a slow track but in previous years, I'd run 56 here.   If I am to get back to where I was, it's going to take a while.  Not sure I will, as that level of fitness is fleeting, then again, I'm on vacation and not much else to do.  This track will be gone in a few weeks and hopefully the new one installed by end of June.  

I didn't wear my HR monitor, just my watch, and it recorded a max HR of 175 at the end of the race.  I was about 140.5 lbs for the race.  I think the extra lb or two may have made a difference.   

Weather looks awesome for the rest of the week after tomorrow.  I'm planning a tough endurance session on Monday then just something light on Tues.  Penn is Thurs.  



No comments:

Post a Comment