Monday, April 1, 2024

First track workout since Nationals

First time on the track in a while.  Only my second time running in 16 days.  Need to make a decision soon about Penn Relays, by Friday.

I can still feel the proximal ham injury but it's much better.  I didn't want to push it so I did just a few sprints as a test and called it a day.  I think it's volume more than speed that irritates this injury.  I can tell I've lost a great deal of fitness since it's been almost 3 weeks since I did a conditioning workout.  

Hoka trainer on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

Hoka Rocket X2s on

2 x 100m - 14.97, 13.75, 13.54

200m - 28.51

The last 100m was actually a 200m cut short so it was on the turn.   Felt ok although a little clunky and cautious.   I do think I can race at Penn but won't decide until I see how I tolerate the next workout.  I don't want to prolong this injury.  But, I sure would like one last crack at that M60 100m.  

Weight is still ok. 140.4 after workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment