Monday, April 22, 2024

3x300 tempo, Penn

Perfect day.  Mid 60ºs, bright sun, light N wind.  Last conditioning workout before Penn.  I thought I might try and get 4x3w/3, but no way in hell.   My HR only recovered from 179 to 160 three min after rep 3, so I was done.  Only slightly faster avg than the set I did 12 days ago.  Started rather ambitiously.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

100m - 15.78

Hoka Rocket X2s on

3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 49.54, 49.41, 52.48  (avg - 50.47)

Went back and looked.  I did two 4x300 tempo sets in Jan, then one in March at Marist (PR 49.08 avg) fast Mondo track in perfect weather on 3/3.  I only completed 4x3w3 three times this season, so tall order.   I did complete a 3x3w/3 at the end of Feb average 48.94 with all three under 50.  So, still not fully back but not too far away.  I think that injury I had while stretching on 2/2 was somewhat the start of the problem that plagued me during mid March and Nationals, and that's why I went back to 3x3w/3 in Feb.

Had an amazingly huge weight drop from last night to this afternoon.  I was 146.6 lbs last night at midnight after eating at the school cafeteria, then 140.8 lbs after workout today, an almost 6 lb drop in about 15 hrs.  I was totally FOS.   I think I'm finally past this injury although I can still feel it ever so slightly in leg swings.  

PENN

Weather looks awesome for Penn.  Same as today, mid 60ºs and sunny.   I am a bit concerned about the 100m race, not because for fear of injury, but for the fact I've done zero acceleration or short speed work this season.   I'll go out tomorrow and do a little.  Really be lucky to break 13.1.   

I heard some bad news that the Masters 100m sprinters will again be denied starting blocks, Masters winners will no longer get the famous plaque ... the 'Penn Wheel'.  So, I'll never own one.  Should have really had last years 4x1 wheel considering I had the fastest splits in both relays, medaled in the 100m, medaled in the 4x400 and won the opening leg by a lot, and above all... paid to fly there and paid the cost of 2 nights in a hotel, (where all my teammates drove to the meet).   Alas, it's more about the experience.  




No comments:

Post a Comment