Thursday, June 29, 2023

Day off, swimming, warm up, bands

 Feeling some aches and pains today so thought I should take a day off.  Did my my first lake swim today, which is odd because last year I was swimming in early May.  It's been a cool spring.  Today was not nearly as warm as forecast.  It got up to 80º by late morning, and then the haze rolled in and some light showers, it then stayed in the low 70ºs the rest of the day.  Tomorrow is supposed to be hot, 90º / heat index peaking at 96º between 3 and 5 pm.   I definitely want to get out there then and do some light running to get used to the heat.

After the swim, I went to the track this evening and just did a warmup, bands, massage gun, ab wheel, some body weight exercises.   No running.  Felt a little issue in my L peroneal brevis tendon in my ankle.  It felt better after massage gun and stretching.  Nothing serious, should be good to go for Sat race. 




No comments:

Post a Comment