Sunday, June 18, 2023

4x300 tempo

Very warm today at Marist, heat index into the upper 80ºs but thankfully, hazy to cloudy filtered sun.  Very little shade at 4:00pm.   Would normally not be out this early but was needing to accommodate Roya's dinner schedule.  I hadn't done a 4x300 tempo workout since March, a few 3x3s but not 4x3, so I just wanted to complete it, not worrying about the time.  I was originally going to take today off but decided I needed a workout.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, 100m, bands, drills

4x300m w/ 3 min rest - 50.31, 51.26, 51.50, 51.47  (51.13 avg)

I did this workout 2x in Jan, 2x in Feb, and once in March.  All were faster than this one.  My best was in March before WMAC Poland at 49.79 avg.  This workout is so taxing I do it only 2x a month or so, but I will definitely try it again before long with my faster Adidas trainers.  It's brutal, it was really hard in today's heat.  

For this to be classified as 'intensive tempo' it needs to be at at least 80% of race pace.  Assuming a race pace of 42 for the 300m, today's avg was at 82.35%

A wet weather pattern is setting up for the next week in Sewanee, best chances of rain are Mon and Tues.  Temperatures seasonably cool all week in the low 70ºs.  I'll be dodging storms and getting in as much training as possible this week.  Need to be lighter, stronger, faster.  

Someone posted my 59.17 in Masters rankings.  Not real happy about that.  (Didn't want to post something over 59, even if it is #5 in World).

I put all my possible meets on my 2023 schedule on my sidebar.   Back in Sewanee tomorrow.  

1 comment: