Thursday, January 19, 2023

Day off, weights

Thought about going to the track today since it was in the low 60ºs, but the wind was horrendous.  Steady 20-30 mph with gusts to 47 mph.     I decided to rest my foot today, so I did single leg squats, pullups, pushups, ab wheel, ab/hip flexor bicycle crunches, etc... 

Cold weather returns this week unfortunately.  Want to get 4 workouts in before next meet, so it will be something like Fri, Sat, Mon, Tues, with a light shake out on Friday.  I'd prefer to do Fri, Sun, Tues, Thurs but due to the weather and work, I'll have to put some consecutive days in.  

Still light.  138 lbs before I ate today.  

POLAND

Still agonizing over the decision on Poland and I'm thinking I'll go.  It's probably my last competitive chance in this age group in a world meet until WMAC Daegu 2026 when I'll be 66.  The 2025 WMAC meet is indoor, and I will still be 64 at that time.  My first chance at a Masters Championship at M65 will be in Walnut, CA (near LA) in 2025, assuming it's after my birthday in July.  

Also, this meet would be more than $1000 cheaper than Finland.  I'd fly into Gdansk and rent a car, and drive the 100 miles to Torun.  

OK, I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment