Friday, May 20, 2022

300 tempo

Warm with a S wind at the Sewanee track, mid-upper 70ºs at sunset.  

Tempo day.   I wanted to one up myself but failed to finish.  Started out too optimistically. 

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

3 x 300, 200 w/ 3 min rest - 49.57, 49.65, 51.25, (200m) 32.5

200m - 29.10

I was disappointed in myself bailing 100m before finishing this set.  This time I was taking my pulse just before starting the next rep and I knew I might not make it because as I started my last rep, my pulse was still pushing 160.  I still wish I had gutted it out, even a 21 sec last 100m would have given me an improvement over last time and a 51 avg.  

I think I really need some form work.  Something seems off with my stride, I'm not running as tall ... or something.  Tomorrow is the last dry day for a while, maybe I'll get out tomorrow night and run, maybe just some drills and a few race pace 200s or something. 

I do feel more fit, although a ways to go.   139.8 lbs after workout.

Food

Been eating pretty minimally to lose the last of this fat and I'm just about there.  I had been making this low cal protein 'ice cream' with skim milk and protein powder in ice cube trays.  But it was always a chore to remove the cubes, fully frozen, quite hard and not resembling ice cream.  Well, I bought a Ninja Creami, a glorified blender/processor that creates ice cream like textures from solid frozen cups of whatever... fruit, milk+protein powder, coffee, etc... I was really impressed with the result.  

One pint of my protein vanilla ice cream, and it is exactly the same texture as ice cream, has 320 calories, 38g protein, 28g carbs, 4g fat.  Compare with a pint of premium ice cream that has 1065 calories, 15g protein, 96g carbs, 70g fat.   My ice cream has 1/3 the calories, 1/3 the carbs, 1/20 the fat, 2.5 times the protein.  The machine has a 'mix in' feature where you can add nuts, berries, chocolate chips, whatever. 

I can see affogato for breakfast... (ice cream with espresso)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment