Tuesday, May 10, 2022

bike climbs

On my 2 days off from the track I did 2 days of bike climbs up Raccoon Mtn. from the boat.   The first I did with HS buddy, Bill from Chattanooga.  Perfect weather.  Low 70ºs, dry on Sunday.  Sunday night, cool and in the low 50ºs, had to put the heat on after my shower.  

Legs held up pretty well.  Monday was even nicer, upper 70ºs.  

The boat ran great.  I made some adjustments to the cooling system and installed an independent loop to the heat exchanger / hot water heater, providing better hot water and better engine cooling.  The impeller, despite being more than a decade old, is still working well.  The engine is running cool and well.  Since I put in right near the gorge, my gas gage barely moves for a trip like this.  

Judgement day is coming soon as far as my trip and first races.  I'm going out of town for the weekend and before I go, I'm planning on doing some fast running workouts today and Thurs.  I expect to do some race pace stuff and likely will put the spikes on.  We'll see how it goes.  First session this afternoon.  Hope I'm not pushing it too soon but it's May 10th, and I need to know where I am.  I'm close to race weight - between 141-143 lbs, so we'll see if I'm anywhere close to '400m fit.'  I need to be 138-140 lbs. My injury is still a bit apparent as an occasional dull ache, but has not hampered my running, at least at sub race pace.

Benoit has set the goal for M60, he ran a WL 58.67 last weekend.  That would be a good goal for my first race.   



No comments:

Post a Comment