Monday, May 30, 2022

"day off" swimming, track, weights

Normally a day off, I felt up to running a bit more today.  Nothing fast.  So after a core workout at home, and swimming a half mile at the lake, I went to track, then to the weight room.  

Beautiful weather, 77º and mostly sunny, light winds at the track.  I thought I'd run a hard but not all out 800.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100

800m - 2:34.78 (73.91, 80.95)

400m (neg split) - 67.31 (35.71, 31.60)  

Wow, was that a rude awakening.  Thought I might go for splits of like 69 / 75.   Heh, not even close.  It was about the same time I ran in Jan while training through my injury.  I would definitely be hard pressed to break 2:25 even by the end of the June.   I wasn't too beat up after the 800 so I added a neg-split 400.  

Afterward, I went to the gym and did legs.  For the first time in a while, I cautiously did glute-ham machine with 285 lbs.  1 set x 25, 2nd set x 40.  I think my injury is at the point of needing some strengthening and it's not hurting so maybe I'll hit that machine a couple times a week.  

Hoping to be back out tomorrow for some 300s.  

137.8 lbs after workout.  Feeling fitter, but still not fast enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment