Saturday, May 7, 2022

4x300 tempo, getting it done

One of those days that only someone like me would be out there.  50º, dark, occasional light rain, fog, light to moderate shifting wind, mist.  Winter's last gasp.  Going to be in the 40ºs tonight.

I spent the morning on my feet, working on my boat, getting it ready for tomorrow's season opener and bike climb up the mountain, so I wasn't 100% rested, but did take a brief nap.  

It was ok when I got there but after I finished my warmups,  wind picked up and it started to rain lightly.  I went anyway, because when you start a tempo set, you can't stop.   Just glad to get this one in under the conditions.  It was brutal, especially because I started too optimistically.  About the same avg as last time.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100

4 x 300m - 49.88, 50.06, 53.81, 56.25 (avg 52.5)

I almost bailed on the last one, the last 100m was brutal but somehow I made it in, barely.  I didn't do any weight pulls to day but may do some lifting and prehab tonight.  I've slacked off on my PT but I need to get back on it since the injury still feels a tad sore on occasion.  We'll see how I respond to the higher speeds.  Next week Tue and Thurs it will be in the 80ºs so I'm going to do speed and see where I am and how my body responds.  Badly need both speed, event runs, and technique work.

Still planning to race May 28, but am thinking about May 21 also.  We'll see.

139.9 lbs after workout, first time below 140 this yr I think.  

Well, I'll be up late grading papers and maybe watching the Tokyo IAAF track meet that comes on at 1:00am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment