Tuesday, November 16, 2021

over distance, hills, bike

 I did the bike climb on Sunday at Raccoon Mtn, my last boat trip of the season.  Met Bill there.  Next day I went half way because I decided to get home and winterize my boat, which is a arduous task.  So, a good break from the track.  I returned today and it was perfect weather, 65º, partly sunny, slight breeze.  

Hoka trainers on

2 x 600m - 1:48.56,  1:50.13

100m ~ 13.5

hill sprints:  

    200m - 42.1

    150m - 28.75

The 600s I ran with several minutes rest, but not complete rest.  I saved some on the first one so I would be sure to complete 2x600m.  

The 100m was a fun run that I ran on my way out with a Sewanee woman sprinter who I've talked with before.  (Of course, I had to finish ahead).

I was driving home and turned around, thinking I needed to do more so I went to the hill and did 2 long sprints.  I also measured and spray painted marks for 100m, 150m, and 200m distances on the steepest part of Roark's Cove Rd.

I've not been sleeping well due to hand issues and will likely have carpal tunnel release surgery in the next week or 2.  Been putting it off for years.  That may take me out of training for a week.

142.5 lbs after workout.

Some photos from the last boat/bike trip of the year:







No comments:

Post a Comment