Tuesday, November 2, 2021

800, 600, 200





Yesterday, did the Raccoon Mtn bike climb alone from the river.  Beautiful day.  Mid 60ºs, sunny.  I needed this calorie burn after my once a year pizza meal we had in Chattanooga the night before.  Fortunately, I didn't gain any weight.  

Today, was cold but dry.  Windy and in the upper 40ºs with some sun.  I did some foundation but bailed on my second 800m, which became a 600m.   Really getting tired of these heel strike longer runs.  I ended with a slow sprint 200m, just to get up on my toes a bit.  It felt ok.


Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m, bands

800m - 2:46

600m - 2:07

200m - 31.4

The 600 wasn't really a 600, but a bail out 800.  At that pace, I would have probably been over 2:50, so I canned it.  I'm thinking I need to really start doing some sprint intervals, even slow ones instead this plodding.  I don't think it's helping me that much.  The pubalgia is still there but again, feels like it's getting better, but that's what I said 2 weeks ago, then it briefly got worse.  

Light, due to the bike ride, work unloading and covering my boat, and light eating on Monday, I was just  141.0 lbs after workout.  

It may be the last track workout I'll do for almost a week.  I have to travel to FL for a weekend funeral but maybe I'll be back in time for a Monday workout.  Should be back in Sewanee by 4pm.  











No comments:

Post a Comment