Friday, November 12, 2021

First tempo 300s of the season

Sunny and beautiful in Sewanee today, cool with a south breeze, about 60º.  I did my first tempo set of the season and it wasn't pretty or fast, just wanted to finish it.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

4 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 50.4, 51.01, 53.13, 55.48

Yea, it was slow ... but I think I'm back and on my way.  Getting these early tempo and over distance workouts in is going to be painful, and getting used to the pain is part of the training.  I almost bailed on my last 300m, glad I didn't.

The pubalgia issue is going away for sure, but I was a bit sore after the previous workout, we'll see how I feel tomorrow.   

Despite the cold temps, I'm taking the boat out on the river and meeting Bill for a bike climb up Raccoon Mtn. Sunday.  It's supposed to be 27º Sunday morning but warming to upper 50ºs by mid day on Sunday.  Near freezing on Sunday night.  

Slowly getting leaner, 142.1 lbs after workout.  

These mornings in Sewanee have been so beautiful the last few days.  This morning, fog filled the cove:



World Championships in Finland

Getting ready to pull the trigger and book for Finland.  I think I found the only hotel room in the city with a bath tub and free parking, and it's expensive.  Like $180/night.   It's even more if I opt to book a reservation that can be canceled and refunded.

So... 




No comments:

Post a Comment