Wednesday, November 24, 2021

low volume long speed

Cool and partly cloudy, 50º with a SE breeze at the Sewanee track.   Wanted to keep the volume low today so just did 2 hard long sprints.  Kind of confirmed how far I have to go.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m, bands

50m - 6.75

2 x 300m - 42.71, 43.97

Felt really quite hard.  My last 100m of both 300s was well over 15 sec and I was definitely tying up toward the end.  Would be hard pressed to break 60 right now in a 400.  Lots of work to do.  Going to be a long hard slog.  I think I may be slightly behind from where I was last year. 

Relatively healthy though, except for a little usual soreness in R foot.

142.7 lbs after workout.

Got my booster today.  Was astounded at what the redneck nurse told me... "no right answers, either you risk covid or the side effects of the vaccine."  CVS in Monteagle, Grundy Co. TN where the vax rate is just 27%.  I responded, "I think it's more a matter of education and science denial."  I walked away.   Sheesh!  


No comments:

Post a Comment