Tuesday, November 9, 2021

first sprints, Finland WMAC schedule released


Incredibly beautiful day at peak fall color in Sewanee.   About 72º and light winds at the track, mostly sunny.  Still a long way to go to get in shape but did a long sprint workout today.  Not much accomplished, low volume, but just felt good to sprint again, although not so fast.  Was just a tad sore form running those hills in FL, but felt ok.

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100m

400m - 69

2 x 300m - 44.90, 44.63

The 400m was really a warmup, was going to run a 600m but bailed.  Fastest 100m split on the 300s was just under 14 and the 300s were really hard.  So tiring I couldn't have run a 'split 400' (rest 1 min, run 100m).   Felt like a good pump, both aerobically and in my glutes.  Doesn't look like much on paper but it was hard.  This type of workout doesn't do as much good as the over distance and the tempo intervals, but was really a test to see how my body tolerates sprinting.  The pubalgia issue seems to be helped by strengthening the psoas and glute.  Just looked up some exercises for the psoas.  What I had been neglecting is the role in doing resistance with the upper body and lower body at the same time, really activate the abs and psoas much more effectively. 

If I tolerate this workout ok, I need to get back in the brutal regime of 1 day overdistance and 1 day of tempo per week if I'm going to race by Jan.   Those types of workouts are really really hard when out of shape as I am.

Definitely still a bit soft and at least 3-4 lbs over weight.  142.9 lbs after workout.  

This morning's coffee and view.
















WMAC World Masters Championships Tampere, Finland Schedule

Before traveling I have to decide what events I'm going to race.  A sprint triple is possible but do I want to risk racing 3 rounds of the 100m before the 200m and 400m start?  I don't think so.  So, I'll race the 200m and 400m + relays, 8 races.  This would be my schedule:

July 

2 - 200m prelims

3 - 200m semis and finals

5 - 400m prelims

6 - 400m semis

8 - 400m final

9 - 4x100m relay

10 -  4x400m relay

This looks to be the most expensive WMAC yet, mostly due to the fact the hotels are all about $170/night, flight is $1370, car probably about 6 or $700, trip insurance about $200.   So, looking at $4500+ for the adventure including gas and food.  Tampere hotels are already filling up and it's not a huge city, half the size of Lyon, Fr.   I would leave ATL the 29th of June, arrive the 30th, return on July 11, so 11 nights in the hotel.  It would be a 2 hr drive from Helsinki to Tampere.  Need to book my trip soon. 

UPDATE:  Good thing I haven't booked yet.  This....

Dear MASTER ATHLETES:
These past days some competition timetables regarding TAMPERE 2022 world championships have been leaked UNOFFICIALLY and are NOT yet authorized to be shared.
Please check in the upcoming days the WMA website for the official and APPROVED schedule competition.
Thanks to all for your interest!
María Alfaro Kazán.
WMA Secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment