Monday, October 25, 2021

more 800s

 Breezy and cool at the quiet Sewanee track on Sunday late afternoon.  65º and mostly cloudy.  These 800m foundation workouts are still a struggle.  However, my pubalgia issue is definitely fading.  I can work through this issue if I refrain from speed for at least a few weeks.  Probably no racing til Jan.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drill, 2 x 100m

2 x 800m - 2:48.2, 2:55.1

I didn't take full rest between, just wanted to get it over with.  A little faster than last time though.  This workout will likely be repeated for the next several sessions. 

It was cloudy the whole time I was there except the sun broke through right at sunset and offered up a beautiful sky.  (see below)

143.9 lbs after workout.   My weight is now in the daily range of 143.5 - 147.  I need to lose that last 5 lbs again.  It's just a matter of going to bed a little hungry and sleeping well for several days, then the weight will come off.

Indoor Nationals  


I booked my flight, hotel, and car for the USATF Indoor Nationals in March.  Staying at the Hyatt near the GW Bridge.   Still almost 5 months away.   For the first time ever, they are having the 60m event -both semis and finals - on Friday, same day as the 400m.  All this was because of the high jump.  Why they couldn't reschedule the high jump is beyond me.  It makes a sprint triple pretty hard, but that means no individual races on Sat... at all.   Maybe I should long jump on Sat?   Won't be long before I'll need to book my trip to Finland.

Here's a view of last night.







1 comment:

  1. Bill, I've been in masters T&F forever, and this sort of problem with the scheduling of the sprints has not been uncommon. Unlike collegiate track, where people run the 60 and 200 indoors (but not the 400) and the 100 and 200 outdoors (but skip the 400), we have many athletes who like to do all three sprints in the same meet.

    I remember marveling that people who had the long stride and staying power needed in the 400 were also good in the shortest sprints, but that's the way it is in masters. Too bad it will affect you up in NYC.

    Peter L. Taylor*

    * Was first in the 600 in my very first masters meet but never won another race. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete