Sunday, October 10, 2021

foundation 800, 600

Beautiful and quiet evening at the Sewanee track.  Mid 70's, light winds, clear.  Wasn't looking forward to this workout.  Had been on my feet all day doing and annual cleaning and floor scrubbing.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m, 2 x 50m

800m - 2:39.35
 
600m - 1:50.55  (73 / 37)

It was hard.  Especially the last 100m of each.   I took a full 25 min after the 800m, but still my heart rate was at 120 when I started the 600m, I was running out of daylight.

I'm wondering if I can continue to train through this minor pubalgia and how long it's going to take to be completely gone.  It doesn't bother me at all running at the 'foundation pace' - no faster than 17-18 sec 100m.  So, I guess I'll stay at this pace for a while. I would like to be running fast by next month.

143.0 lbs after workout.  Eating better.

Masters Rankings
Some recent activity... Italy had their National Masters Championships.   Nothing of note in my age group, no M60 broke a minute in the 400m.  

This week is the Huntsman Games and this past weekend was Nevada Sr Games.   A new name I hadn't heard before, Christopher B. logged the world #2 time in the M60 100m at 12.33.   (Alan won in 12.08).  Curiously, Christopher B.'s time was the fastest in his master career despite having logged times since '14.  He has never competed at a USATF meet, only Sr. games.  So, my 100m world ranking is down to #4.

Jim told me that the San Diego State games was going to correct that fake WL time in the M60 200m, but it's still up there.  

Still waiting for the USATF Indoor Championship website to appear.   There are apparently a few disgruntled anti-vaxers that are protesting the vaccine requirement for Indoor Nat'ls.   It's not a USATF requirement, it's a NYC facility requirement.   Sure are a lot of science deniers out there.  




No comments:

Post a Comment