Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Hiking and biking

Yesterday was supposed to be a running workout but I opted to bike up the mountain instead on Roark's Cove Rd.  I've been feeling that the pubalgia issue is not improving so I'm going to take a break from running for a while.  Going to Fontana Lake to hike the GSMNP for 4 days.  It's a long season and I don't want a chronic injury to persist because it will just get worse... and it's really barely noticeable now, so it's best to get over it.   

Looking back on my blog entries from late 2011, it seems that I did train through the pubalgia injury (which then was much worse) through fall and winter of 2011 and it took almost to the beginning of the season in Jan. for it to be completely gone.  I did a lot of 800s, and foundation during that time.  Even if I don't race til Jan, it's cool.  I've got a long season ahead and three championships, beginning with indoor in March.  So it's cross training for a while and trying not to get fat.  Interesting to read my blog from 10 yrs ago... went from over 150 lbs in late summer down to under 140 by the end of the year and a lot of foundation.  That - 2012 - was the first year I won Nationals in Indiana indoors, ran a 55.90 400m.  

So, looking forward to the boat trip to Fontana on Friday.  Weather will be cool with a cold front coming through Sat morning with some showers, forecast lows are going to be around 40º Sat and Sunday night.  Sat and Sun. highs in the upper 50ºs, but upper 60ºs on Monday and Tues.  Sunny every day except Sat morning.  Will definitely have the canvass up and the heat on.  




No comments:

Post a Comment