Saturday, December 12, 2020

The usual... 150s on turf, but a bit more

 Nasty day turned out OK.  Rain and fog gave way to intermittent fog and it wasn't too cold, about 55º with light winds.  

Stayed on the turf except for one 200m.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills 2 x 150 strides

5 x 150m on turf w/ 30 sec rest ~ 25 sec

200m on track - 26.88 

This was the first time I did 5 reps of 150s w/ 30 sec rest, so did them rather slow.... about 25 sec.   I didn't push any of them.  It was sort of getting toward extensive tempo rather than intensive tempo, as these had dropped below 80% speed.  However, a heck of a good workout in about 4 min.  

I rested a bit and then did a hard 200m, happy to break 27, even with a rolling start.   I'm certainly not training right now like I'm going to race indoor season, but we'll see.  I thinking again more about March for outdoor.  It's going to be a long haul until (hopefully) we run outdoor Nationals in late July.  

Not the lightest right now... 145.9lbs after workout.

Fog was nice at sunset back home ...



No comments:

Post a Comment