Saturday, December 5, 2020

150s on turf

Sunny about 50º and light winds at the Sewanee track, and I opted to stay on the turf.  I used my new green Clifton 1s today, they are absolutely pristine.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 100m, 150m strides

4 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest ~ 23 - 24.5

2 x 150m - 20.1, 19.88

The usual maintenance workout, an intensive tempo set and a few 90% form runs, all on turf.  This brief tempo workout has been a mainstay.  Best 3 min workout.  

With indoor season looking dubious, I'm now just trying to maintain til spring and hope to run in a few college meets outdoor.  2 running workouts/ week will be ok for the next month or until til I have a goal.  The local DIII college SAA conference has not yet posted a schedule.  However, surprisingly... there was a large high school indoor track meet at the Crossplex today.  And there seems to be additional meets there coming up, but I think it just may be to risky for me.   Life University in Marietta is holding a series of outdoor meets this month and early Jan, they're calling it the 'Polar Series'... and I would run there but they're offering unusual race distances (150, 300, 600).  No masters rankings for those distances.  

If the SAA DIII conference has a season, they'll  have outdoor meets as soon as early March, that will be soon enough for me, although I can see them barring unattached.  USATF formally canceled the Masters Indoor Championships, although we all knew that was coming.  Next on the chopping block will be the WMAC Outdoor World Masters Championships supposed to go down in Finland in early July.  Definitely dubious about that.  Oddly, the USATF National Masters Outdoor Championships are tentatively scheduled for late July/ early Aug ... after the WMAC worlds.    If I was betting, I'd expect the WMAC world meet to be canceled but possibly the Nationals to have a chance to be held, especially if people are being vaccinated.  We'll see.  

Although the workout went OK today, I'm not in the best shape or weight.  145.9 lbs after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment