Tuesday, December 22, 2020

4 x 300m / World Championships canceled

The word came out this morning as expected, the WMAC World Championships in Finland have been postponed until 2022.  The decision came a bit early but was an easy one, with the new virus variant in the UK and US cases surging.  I wonder how the Olympics will happen.

I can only think about what could've been in terms of competition.   Not a stretch to think I could've won Nationals both outdoor and indoor, and a medal at the Worlds in Toronto, and maybe even Finland.  My M60 WL in to 400m still stands.  I only ran the one 400m race this yr and if I kept my training up, I think I might have been able to run sub 57.  Outdoor Nationals for '21 have not yet been canceled, but I'm not optimistic. 

Sunny and 50º in Sewanee with light winds.  Didn't feel like doing another tempo set today, so I did some faster repeats at 90% of 400m pace.  Looking this type of workout on the chart, it's called a 'Special Endurance' workout.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills 2 x 100m strides

4 x 300m - 45.28, 45.29, 46.50, 44.26  (avg 45.33)

I was thinking that this workout wouldn't have been too hard 3-5 yrs ago, but today, it was hard, especially bringing the last one home in 44.   It was either run a tempo set of 300s with 2 1/2 min rest at an avg of 52 or run faster with more rest.  So, I ran faster.  

Far from peak shape, just maintaining and hopefully ramp up for the spring if an opportunity presents itself.  Leery of racing in AL end of Jan.  Probably not.  May not race til March.  

145.7 lbs after workout


No comments:

Post a Comment