Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Cross training, cancelations loom

With the advent of USATF Masters Indoor Championships canceled at the last minute due to the Corona virus, a widespread pandemic looms and is threatening future athletic events from USATF Masters Outdoor Nationals, WMAC Toronto, and even the Olympics.   I just may be training for 2021 Indoor.

After last workout, running 500m (300, 200) full out in spikes from blocks, I decided I need to do some cross training.  It was a bit hard on the body and although I ran pretty fast, I feel like I probably shouldn't race anytime soon and refrain from doing workouts in spikes.  Definitely not this month as much as I'd like to. 

Today would normally be a track day but I'm going to cross train instead.  Yesterday, did a good 12 mile bike with some brief aggressive hill climbs, and tonight I'll be doing stairmaster, weights, and maybe some rowing.  Need some prehab, strengthening in my ads, abs, etc...  Also, may continue some workouts on turf later this week. 

I had stopped the high doses of collagen and glucosamine, but now I'm resuming.  I think it's good for recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment