Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Brisk 200s

Quality work, low volume today.  Sewanee was breezy and mid 60ºs, overcast.  A brief light drizzle.

Did 200s with good effort today, but not full out.  Thought about form on the straight.  Took my time warming up and rested in between.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 200m - 27.28, 26.89, 26.78, 26.84
I took several minutes rest in between, and ran them with a few step flying start.   After the third one, it took more than ten minutes for my heart rate to drop back to the low 120s bpm.  Probably indicating I'm not in that great of shape.

These were run hard, not 100% like a 200m race, but 90+%, about the pace of a 400m race.  I like these workouts so much better than those tempo workouts where I really suffer.   These types of workouts I can run fast and not really suffer.  But, I doubt it's helping me as much. 

There were some football players there, doing some sprints and light running. One of 'em said to me, "man, you got some wheels!"    I said, "Yea maybe, for a 60 yr old."  He didn't believe me.

Did a good ab workout at home yesterday.  Light, fit, 143.6 lbs after workout.  Light enough to eat bread again.  Tea and toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment