Saturday, March 14, 2020

Back running

After cross training for most of a week, happy to be back running pain free.  Last Sunday's event runs were a little more taxing than I expected, and due to the time off from running, I'm behind a bit in my conditioning.  It'll probably take 2 week cycles to catch up.  It's ok, the college season is effectively over it seems.  The last college meet in my area was held at Birmingham Southern.  Only the home team and one other small school showed up, several unattached raced and a masters woman, Easter W37, actually won the women's 200m.  It was a tiny meet.  Some events with just 1-3 people.  Wish I had gone down there to race a 200m.

I ran today with my sweats on, gingerly at first then faster.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 100m - 14.75, 13.62, 12.98 
4 x 150m w/ 50 sec rest ~ 23.5 - 24 (on turf)
I think I'll do some stairmaster and weights tonight, and start back on my 3 day/ week cycle tomorrow  or maybe on Monday, it's supposed to rain all afternoon Monday.

Lots of free time, it's great.   Both colleges I work at are on an extended spring break, then online classes only after that.  My school year is essentially over, Sewanee is on spring break til March 30.  It's a beautiful time of year and maybe do some hiking tomorrow.

UPDATE:
Did a super set of glute machine and some squats with light weight tonight.

143.5 lbs after workout

No comments:

Post a Comment