Monday, March 23, 2020

400s, low volume

Misty and foggy on the Sewanee track today, 57º.  Wasn't too foggy when I arrived, but that changed when I finished warmups and the visibility dropped to about 60m.  It's been pretty much fogged in for the whole day.  A number of elderly walkers where out there fading in and out of the fog.

Did low volume, just a pair of 400s with limited rest and a 100m.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m, 400m, 100m w/ 3min rest in between - 69.5, 68.8, 13.9

I am in decent shape considering I'm not really pushing the volume.  I'm considering doing every third day on the track instead of every other day and cross training on the bike.   It's tough to plan for a competition that may not exist anytime soon.   However it goes, I do want to be in shape to run some documented times in July when I'm M60.  Surely there will be a meet somewhere.  They still haven't canceled TN State Games in June.  This outdoor season, only one M60 has run under a minute so far, Trevor at 57.76.  And astonishingly, no outdoor M60s have run under 27.  I did that 3x in training shoes the other day.

Light.... 142.6 lbs after workout.  Eating well.




No comments:

Post a Comment