Friday, January 31, 2020

more 150s and a track sprint

Nice training weather, 50º occasional sun, light breeze.   Was tempted to do this workout on the track but I stayed on turf for all except one sprint.

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
8 x 150m w/  50 sec rest 24-25 sec (on turf) 
2 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 21.5, 22 (on turf) 
200m - 28.06  (track)

I one upped from last workout pushing the reps to 8 with 50 sec rest.  Then I ran 2 a bit harder, about 80%.    After 10 150s, I wanted to do one track sprint, I ran a relaxed 200m at 85% in lane 8 going the opposite direction.  It felt good to be on the track, and not have the dampening effect of turf that shortens the stride.  I went cautiously and relaxed.  Wanted to do another but felt it best to wait.  I'm probably not going to be back running til after my concert Mon, so Tues, I may run the stadium stairs since I'll be at MTSU.

Looks like the plantar issue is finally about gone.  I think I'll still split my running workouts between track, turf, and hills/stairs.   I don't expect to try anything close to full sprint for a at least a few weeks.

145 lbs after workout


No comments:

Post a Comment