Tuesday, January 21, 2020

running day

Today I hit the turf for some extensive tempo intervals.  Monday night I did a hip flexor workout in the gym.  Running is going ok, glad to be running again.  Looking forward to getting on the track and running longer intervals.  I'm now working again and with a guitar festival to supervise and perform in, I'll be pretty busy the next 2 weeks, but I expect to be running next on Saturday and Tuesday with weights in between. 

Cold today, right about freezing but with little wind and sunshine, felt ok.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches drills 
12 x 100m w/ 1 min rest ~ 16.5 sec 
2 x 100m striders
This was the same volume I did last time, but this time, in one big set of 12.  One minute rest is fairly generous for 100m repeats at 75% so I feel as if I could have done more.  I felt a little vulnerability in my L quad on the last one when I went to push it which tells me I need to do some explosive type band work, which I can do at home. 

At some point I need to shell out some $$$ for a good massage gun.  Good ones are very expensive.  I've heard they're also good on the plantar issue... which is slowly improving.  If anyone out there has a recommendation, I'm listening.

144.5 lbs after workout. 



No comments:

Post a Comment