Sunday, February 2, 2020

On the track, brief speed workout

Wasn't planning to go to the track today, but I felt fine, so I let it fly.  It was sunny and 60º today, but a bit breezy.  The rest of next week is rainy and busy so I may not be out again til Friday.  If it stops raining long enough this week, I'll hit the stadium stairs.

This is the first time I'd been out after just one day's rest so I just did 2 hard long sprints, some band work, stretching, drills, and called it a day although I wanted to do more.  This was somewhat of a breakthrough workout for me because it was the first workout exclusively on the track in almost 2 months, first since the plantar fasciitis injection, and the fastest I've run in a year.  I've been chomping at the bit to run a little fast, still not 100%, but close to 400m race pace on the 200m.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
50m striders 
300m - 44.5 
200m - 26.56
Running with the new Clifton 1s is on the track is like running on air.  Wish these shoes didn't wear so fast.  It feels really good after putting in some miles on turf.  Still running no faster than 90% effort on the 200m, but even with a 3 step running start and a little tailwind, 26.5 in trainers for me is faster than I've run in a long while.  I was concerned my quad would fail so I held back just a little, but everything felt fine.  I think I could definitely run 61 or less in a 400 right now.

144.2 lbs after workout.  Starting to get my sprinter body back.

No comments:

Post a Comment