Saturday, January 4, 2020

lighter, stronger

After 3 days in the gym and some really light eating, finally some progress.   I was 145ish lbs after workout tonight.  Sore from the glute workout 2 days ago, so the last 2 evenings I did 2 sets of hard rowing on the Concept 2 rower, and some ab work.   Tonight, I included a good time stretching.

I made the point of getting up and walking this morning and not eating until after workout tonight.  I just had a large can of tuna, and a pear.  I feel 100% better physically.  Leaner and meaner, although I've only dropped 2 or 3 lbs.  Drinking a lot of coffee with an occasional fig or spoon of almond butter. 

I've only felt very slight hints of heel pain, nothing like it was prior to the shot.  I'm going to try and wait another 9 days or so before trying to run.  I'm going to ease into it, probably just straight striders on grass.  In the mean time, a little suffering on the rower and bike to get ready. 

Doing 2000m on the rower in 8:30 is comparable to running a hard mile, and a 500m in 1:50, probably like running a 600m.  Definitely feel it in the glutes and core. 

This time of year there are just 1-3 people there at night 7-8pm when I workout.  Still have 2 full weeks off before I go back to work.  Lovin' the vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment