Monday, January 13, 2020

Running again

First running workout today and it went well.  Well in the sense that I seem to be getting past the plantar fasciitis.  Only very slight heel pain was noticed.  What it feels like tomorrow and in the next few days is more important.   I think it's going to be fine.   Beautiful day, about 60º and mostly cloudy in Sewanee.

The workout confirmed to me that there IS NO SUBSTITUTE for running.  I did a workout today that would be normally easy for me but I certainly worked up a sweat and was quite tired at the end.  I think the body has to adjust to the specificity of the exercise, especially my feet.  The right foot has that arthritis issue that seems to improve a little when I start regularly running.

I was conservative today and will be likely on grass for most of this month.

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
50m strider 
6 x 100m w/ 1 min rest  ~16.5 sec
 
I may be out again on turf by Friday to do a similar workout, maybe a bit more.  I like running on turf due to it's softness and regularity.  There are 2 turf fields at Sewanee so I can have more flexibility.  I'll probably doing 100 repeats for a while.

A retired faculty member was walking on the track and told me she was 82.  When I started talking about injuries, she scoffed and guessed my age at 'about 30.'   I guess it was because I was hiding behind sunglasses. 

144 lbs after workout.   I'd guess my bodyfat % at about 12-13%, which means if I want to get to say 9%, I'd weight about 138.5 lbs.  I've been there before.

Gym later tonight... it's now back open to regular hours - til 11pm.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment