Tuesday, January 28, 2020

150s, less but more

I ran today on 2 days rest for the first time since my plantar fasciitis shot and it went ok.  A little less volume but a little faster.  Beautiful day to train, 50's sunny, calm winds.

I did my first set of 6 x 150s with 10sec less rest than last time and I really felt it.

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
6x150m w/ 50 sec rest ~ 24 - 25 
2 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 22, 22.5 
150m - 20.5

The last 150m, I ran at a cautious 85-90%, not wanting to strain my quad which isn't ready for full speed work.  It went ok, about a 27 sec 200 speed.   I didn't want to push it after that, so I shut it down for the day.  I've got to be patient!  Will be back in the gym tonight.

Trained in my wonderful rare Clifton 1s today.  Still have one new pair unused.  I think the Clifton 6 looks good, closest to the Clifton 3 and 1 since they started making the series, but haven't bought a pair.  Also may try the Hoka Rincon which is as said to be as light as the Clifton 1.  The problem with some Hoka shoes and others is the upper can be too flexible, a knit upper doesn't allow for a good firm lockdown for a sprinter.    My relatively new Hoka Clifton 3s and 1s are already showing a little wear but a lot of life left in them.

145.7 lbs after workout.   Still significantly above race weight but a long time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment