Sunday, July 22, 2018

Speed test weekend - test #2

I'm good to go.

On the brand newly resurfaced SAS track this evening in Sewanee.  First hint of fall in the air today, was in the upper 60ºs by the end of my workout.  Cloudy, light breeze, rain in the area, felt cool.  Wore my sweats for the first time in a while.  I warmed up, measured the track with my wheel, and waited until almost dark to do my main event run. 

This final speed test consisted of full power starts from blocks and a 350m event run.  I was a half step off my goal of 48, call it 48.2 for the 350m.   Still, a pace that should be definitely in the 56s.  No strains, problems or vulnerabilities felt.  I passed my tests, I'm racing. 
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
50m strider 
2 x block starts 
Puma spikes on 
50m strider 
2 x 40m from blocks 
350m event run - 48.2 (13.2, 13.2, 14.1, 7.7) or (26.4 / 40.5)
Above splits are approximate.  I'm not carrying the speed I'd like, need to be sub 48 at 350m to get into the 55s, (but still possible to run 55.9 with at my present split w/ last 50m in 7.7,  or a last 100m in 15.4, which is doable).  I ran a 48 flat 350m (on a worse track) before I left for Perth in '16, and was running mid 55 pace then.

Although I'm not carrying the speed I'd like, this pace was balanced enough where I really did not feel too much fatigue or any rigging at the end of this.  I must be in shape because it didn't really feel all that hard.

Tomorrow, I'll wind down and run 2 race pace 200s, and do some blocks.  This has been quite a training season.  And... a full 6+ weeks after I get back to train for Spain.  Surviving the training is hard part.

140.9 lbs after workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment