Saturday, July 7, 2018

hills

Mid 70ºs and humid at the Sewanee track.  I warmed and tested the hip flexor I had strained.  Slightly better but not even well enough to run an 800m, so I went to the hill.  I can run high knees and and short stride but if i push a tad too hard, the stinging pain hits my hip flexor.  Very disappointing, but need to be patient.  Need to get past this asap, but unfortunately, it looks like another week of no race speed.... just foundation, hills, then tempo.   I think just stretching and warming up too hard doesn't help.  However, what does help is doing resistance on peripheral muscles like abductors, adductors, and quads, which I did in the gym after the hills.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup stretches, drills 
2 x 50m 
5 x 200m hill runs ~ 43
These hills were longer and much steeper than the hills I ran in FL a week ago.  I wouldn't say I sprinted them but ran on my toes, a few seconds slower than usual.  The last 100m is especially steep and required shorter steps and faster turnover, so it was a good hard workout.  The road was wet and steamy but cool by the time I finished, 73º.

I'll go out tomorrow and see how it feels and definitely do some rehab in the gym.    Time is short.  Need to get it together. 

140.9 lbs after workout.

1 comment:

  1. Been catching up on your posts. Hope everything settles down before Nationals.

    ReplyDelete