Wednesday, July 18, 2018

400s

This is beginning to get interesting.  I haven't run at race pace in a month and I'm still considering going to Nationals a week from today.   I feel I'm approaching, if not at full recovery from my injuries.  No sign of any issues in tonight's workout.  Felt fine, although I did not run race pace, but not far off. 

Beautiful weather 75º, less humid at sunset in Sewanee.   I started with 2 100m strider tests... which I passed with no trouble.  Fastest I've run since the injury.   No sign of it.  I can do full hip flexor stretches without any hesitation.   I was going to test myself with a 3 x 400m w/ 2 min rest workout, to see if I could get close to my times for a similar workout before Daegu, but after 2 good tempo 400s, I bailed on the third one, feeling that I had a good idea of my fitness and it would be better at this point to rest and push a 400m a bit faster.  So, I did.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 200m strides - 15, 14 
2 x 400m, 100m with 2 min rest - 67.5, 68.5, 14.5 
400m - 62.5 
The last 400m felt pretty smooth and no issues.  Still running a little cautiously, but will try race pace in spikes by this weekend.  Then, I will decide by Monday night about Spokane.  Even if I'm healthy, I may not go if my splits aren't 'A-game' or if I feel at all tentative.   Either way, I've already changed my flight and decided not to race the 200m.  I feel pretty fit, but we'll see if my fitness translates to speed.  I may get a few consecutive day workouts in between now and Spokane, assuming I go. 

139.7 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment