Sunday, July 15, 2018

800m, hills

A hard one.  Relatively cool on the mountain for July, upper 70ºs and hazy with thunder.  I started the workout like last time, warm up then striders, then an 800m.  But, I left the track while I was ahead and went to the hill.

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 100m striders - 19, 17.5, 16.5 
800m  - 2:33 
4 x 200m hill sprints - 41-43

I ran faster than last time out and wanted to do more on the track but I didn't so as not to irritate the hip flexor.  I can still feel a general soreness but no sharp pain.  I can run in a way where I emphasize good form, tall running, quick recycle, slightly shorter stride, and it puts less pressure on the hip flexor.  I wonder if my injuries come from bad form?  

I'm running out of time.  My feet are hurting from the volume and the street hills, and I'm not anywhere near race pace.  Nationals are just 11 days away and unless I see dramatic improvement in this injury, I'm not going.  I'll make the call fairly soon.  Spoke to Emma today, she's not going and urged me not to risk it.  Still not ready to pull the plug but these next 2 - 3 workouts will tell me what to do.  Feel fit but not fast.  

140.5 lbs after workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment