Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Ramping up

Making up for lost time, past 2 days in a row on the track, past 3 nights in a row on the bike.  And, I may go again to the bike tonight since I'll have tomorrow off.   Today was warm and windy, mostly sunny in the morning, 67º at the track at 10:30am.  Not used to training in the warm, and with most of the track in the sun, it felt warmer.

The foot seems to be improving.  I'm hoping it will be 100% by next week.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 600m - 1:49.5, 1:49.5 
300m - 45
This is the most volume I've done in a while and the foot felt better than yesterday particularly by the end of the workout.  I've found that it helps to take off the training shoes in between runs and walk in my socks.  I kept it easy on the 600s, nothing faster than 17-18 sec 100m pace.  But, I ran a 300m at 15 sec 100m pace to finish.  It felt OK.  Not much pain.  Now with 2 days off the track W-Th, I should be ready to work out hard at MTSU on Fri.  I may do something Thurs night, bike or gym.

143.4 lbs after workout.  


No comments:

Post a Comment