Wednesday, February 7, 2018

200m tempo

42º with mist and dense fog at the Sewanee track at 9am, visibility about 50m.  Out to do a brief maintenance workout.  If you have very little time, with a good effort, this workout will kick your butt in about 5 min (after warmup).  I often do 2 sets of these but with my foot issue and this being my 3 day in a row on the track, I did one set.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 30.5, 30.5, 31.5, 32  

This was an OK set, slightly slower than I was doing in '15-'16.  I did set of these about the same avg speed after running a massive (for me) over distance workout of 2000m exactly a year ago.   So, I've been in better shape.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get a similar over distance workout in before Nationals.

The plantar issue doesn't seem to be getting worse, which is good.  Maybe I'm getting over this.  I am used to it hurting most during the warmup jog, then as I do my dynamic stretches and drills, it feels much better.  Side leg swings seem to massage the heel in such a way that helps prepare it for running.  Tomorrow I will be off from the track.

Time to do some ab work before I take a day off tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment