Friday, February 23, 2018

300s

Back at MTSU for a rare winter workout and the weather was crazy, pushing 80º during the day so I waited til near sunset to get out.   The MTSU team was just finishing up.  Spoke with coaches Dean and Keith.  Also congratulated Abike on her two amazing indoor 400s.... she ran 52.64 - top 10 NCAA.  And, as a primarily 800m runner, she's just learning to use starting blocks.  I told her she should see what she could do in a 200m.  I think she's a sprinter.


Hoka trainers on
400m warmup, stretches, drills
3 x 300m - 44.5, 47.5, 45.5
'split 400' - 300m - 45 / 1 min rest / 100m - 15

As usual, the foot hurt a bit at the start but improved as the workout went on.  I did the first 2 on about 4 min rest, but then took my time for the last 2.  They felt harder than they should have, maybe due to my squats last night.

I'm thinking I might be able to do some consecutive days this weekend.  143.0 lbs after workout.

Equipment
I'm very happy to have had both my Team USA windbreaker / rain jackets fixed.  New zippers, and an excellent job.   The Rio Kit (L) and London Kit (R).
Legends 

When you coach for 53 years, they name tracks after you.  Dean Hayes at the Dean Hayes track stadium MTSU, and Mary Birdwell, Birmingham Southern coach, track coach of 53 years.  Her namesake track is at Hoover HS, AL.






No comments:

Post a Comment