Monday, February 26, 2018

brief speed

I didn't want to do too much since I want to go out again tomorrow, so I ran just a couple hard ones.
57º and sunny at the Sewanee track, light winds.

I kind wanted to see 'where I was' today.  Pretty much the same.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m - 59 (28.5, 30.5) 
'Split 400' - 43.5 / 75 sec rest / 100m - 15
Wanted to do more but the harder I run, the harder it is on my foot.  The 400 was an easy first 200m then hard effort on the second 200m.  Splits were about 14, 14.5, 14.5, 15.  Was shooting for 14,14,15,15.  The second sprint, the 300 was about the same exact speed as the first sprint and I was going to carry it through to a 400m, but I copped out and ran a split 400 instead.  

I'm feeling the need to do some real speed work, like some fast 50s, 150s, and a 400m pace 200.  Maybe next week.  I'm still hesitant to put spikes on.  It's a killer for my plantar.   I will be off probably Wed and Thurs, unless I get back here in time to do weights Thurs night.  It's a really busy time, playing in a concert a week from Thurs and guests arriving for a guitar festival the next day, making airport runs, hosting, etc...  I've barely practiced guitar.  Good thing is that next week is MTSU Spring break and I'll be in Sewanee probably March 1-12.

Not sure what the plan is tomorrow, maybe a bit more volume if I can take it.
141.8 after workout.  Right ham a tad sore but not strained.  Probably from the hill sprints on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment