Monday, January 18, 2016

winter tempo: 300s / 200s

Broke out the long tights today for the coldest workout of the year, and it really wasn't too bad.  21º and sunny with a light swirling breeze on the Sewanee track this afternoon.   It could have been much worse without sun and with wind.   I've felt colder with it 10º warmer ... cloudy-windy-damp is a whole different element.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47, 49, 51 
4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 30, 31, 32, 31
It felt good afterward, no issues or pains.   144 lbs after workout.   This week's weather looks terrible - ice/snow/rain,  and I am back to work (sort of ) next week, and doing a big moving project for a friend Thurs - Sat, so it's going to be hard to train this week, but I will find a way.   I usually don't do 2 days in a row but I may go out tomorrow because I will have the time.  I'll be driving about 16 hrs between Thurs-Sun.

Thinking about looking into orthodic inserts in my training shoes since they alway wear on the outside and become slanted.  Right now the outside pad is about 3/8" thinner than the inside.

Upcoming

This Sunday meet is important to me as it may be the only nice track I'll race on before Nationals in a 400.   This is one of 3 possible meets I could race at on the Birmingham Crossplex track.  The other possibilities are a week later - the KMS Invite - 1/31.   I will try to get into Vanderbilt that weekend but I'm doubtful.  Then on the same track, the Samford open on Feb 12-13.  Then it's off to the Millrose a week later, and 2 weeks later, Nationals.  I probably won't run in my hometown meet in Sewanee on 2/6.

I was contacted by Alan and James to put together a World Record attempt on the M55 4x200m relay at Nationals.  This is 3/4 of our American Record 4x100m relay team.   If we can get a 4th person like Don, we could definitely get the World Record.  We'd have to avg 25.15 a leg and on a good track, we can definitely all do that and more with a running start, good handoffs.

Should be an interesting indoor season... and right about to get into the thick of it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment