Tuesday, January 12, 2016

2x3x400 tempo

No Race This Weekend
The news of the day is that I got screwed out of racing at Vanderbilt.  The coach didn't even have the courtesy to return my email.  Even worse, he allowed an unattached 200m guy with a seed time of 24.90 to race.  I ran 24.80 last yr on that track and 24.48 outdoor.  I was going to send a reminder tonight thinking that the registration closed at midnight, nope ... closed at noon.   I may try to get into the end of Jan meet at Vandy but that will be a much more competitive meet and my chances even less.  I've been training with this meet as my target, but it looks like I got ignored and screwed.   This meet would not have been overly competitive for me with a few guys over 24 and one over 25 in the 200.  Pissed ... not able to run on the best track in my world.

Today, it was windy but above freezing.   In the low 40s but with a wind gusting to 20+ mph.  On the track, I really think the headwind impedes far more than a tailwind helps, so no, it doesn't even out.

I did two sets of tempo 400s.  Not particularly fast but it was an exhausting workout.  I did take full rest between sets.  I noticed my heart rate stayed at around 90 even 30 min after the first set.   Maybe not enough foundation.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 400m w/ 2min rest - 68.5, 71, 74 
3 x 400m w/ 2min rest - 71, 73, 74
Sometimes I don't even know why I train.  I may only have one chance to run a 400m on a good track before nationals - and that'll be at Birmingham .... which will be a full 5 1/2 weeks before Nationals.   To even complicate matters, I'll be busy that weekend helping Roya move, driving 10+ hours, packing, carrying, etc...     I guess I could race a 400m on that shitty Sewanee 160m track for a workout, but that track will never yield a good time.  It's slower than TSU.

Been eating really small but still can't seem to get below 144.  It'll take a week I guess.

Just generally frustrated today.  I am happy that my chest cold seems to be gone and my foot seems better.



1 comment:

  1. Dad and Mom promised you "there'd be days like this" You'll DEAL!!

    ReplyDelete