Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Tempo 200s / 40s

A light day, felt like I should have done more but it's early in the season.   42º at the Sewanee track - T-shirt weather.  Did a brief tempo workout then headed indoors.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drill 
4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 30, 31, 31, 31.5 
Saucony spikes on 
6 x 40m from blocks
I worked on my start a bit.  It felt ok but not good enough to probably run the 55m this first meet.  It's a little risky first race to start the season with, although I did it last year and a lot through the season. four 55/60s last season with no problem.  I may scratch the 55m and just do the 400m and maybe the 200m.

UPDATED:
Ed Temple Classic heat sheets are up and I drew the worst possible lane in the 400m - lane one.  I just remembered .. TSU only has 5 lanes for 400/200 races... so they have to use lane one.    My friend John is in my heat and a 'David Jones' is in the previous heat - may be DJ from TX, the second fastest M50 400m guy in US.  I think it might be him because he comes to this part of the county this time of yr to race and is listed as unattached.   Saw him in B'ham last yr.   But, maybe not... common name.    Nice to see Don in the 200m, a fast M45 guy.  Nice not to be the only masters.

 A look at my weird starting technique.



No comments:

Post a Comment