Thursday, January 14, 2016

3x600 / 3x300

Hard day at the oval office.  A volume workout with over distance and speed endurance.    Great weather for a workout, except it was windy.  53º at the Sewanee track and mostly sunny.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 600m - 1:47, 1:48, 1:46
Saucony spikes on 
3 x 300m - 41.75, 42, 43.75
The 600s were relaxed and not severely pushed, except for the last one, I pushed the last 150m.  After a rest, I put the spikes on and tried to run at 400m race pace.  The first 2 were pretty fast but just fatigued out on the last one.  It was a bitchin' workout.  Taking ample time between sprints, I was out there almost 2 hrs.   This workout was one that MTSU Olympian Noah A. recommended to me as a good early season butt kicker.  That is was.

Although my times aren't exceptional, I feel I'm working hard as ever and should be good to go by Indoor Nationals - still 7 weeks away.  Need some races.  Last night I went to the weight room and worked some eccentric ham prehab and hip flexors, along with a set of squat jumps.

Inventory:  Foot was hurting by workout's end.  Ham is better.  Despite no meal today before the workout, I'm still 144.4 lbs after workout.  Should be 142 after a workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment