Monday, January 4, 2016

long and short (updated)

Coldest day of the week, about 30º at the Sewanee track this afternoon with a light breeze.   I didn't have my long tights so I did a brief workout on the track then went to the indoor track to do blocks.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
500m - 81 
400m - 61 
Saucony spikes on 
5 x 40m from blocks
I fell way short of my goal of 77 in the 500m, but after a warm rest in the car, I ran a pretty strong 400m, it was almost even split.

I did as many starts as I could before my foot started to hurt.  I accelerated to full.

Well, I have my race body back, was in the 143s after workout.

TSU Ed Temple Classic - 1/10 - UPDATED

Looks like this Sundays meet is NOT going to be huge.   One of my unattached colleagues gave me wrong info.  Preliminary start lists are up  and it looks like it's mainly just MTSU, Fisk and TSU.       I signed up for all sprints, 55/400/200.    Slow whitey (me) will probably be last ... unless he can beat the polevaulter - whom the coach put in the 400m, probably just for a workout.  Just hope I don't hurt myself in the 55m to start.  I should be ok.  My occasional workout friend, John W., a distance runner, said he was going to sign up for the 400 / 200 just for fun.   It'll be fun to race him, he's 28, not yet 'a master'.   It'll be cool to see Coach Hayes too.

LIVE RESULTS will be posted HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment