Wednesday, January 20, 2016

300s

Colleges and schools were closed today due to a slushy snow.   By mid afternoon, it was 34º, misty and cloudy, calm winds ... t-shirt weather.

My first workout this year on the home MTSU track, and I noticed how much more stiff it was compared to the Sewanee track, especially at this temperature.  On my warmup lap I noticed a little slush on the far turn so I decided to do 300s fast with spikes 90%, but it cost me.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
3 x 300m - 42, 41.5, 44 (straight-turn-straight)
The first two felt good, strong, near race pace.  Feel like I'm not quite in '55 sec shape' ... but close.  Coming into the last 100m I thought I felt something in my right ankle/foot and it got sore, so I called it a day.   It's not an injury but just more of the same foot issue.   Resisted dorsiflextion and heel raises help.  

Finally at race weight.  143.2 after workout.   Doubt I will be able to do any meaningful workouts between now and Sunday race.  Maybe on Fri indoors, some cross training or something ... more snow is expected.




No comments:

Post a Comment